Wednesday, March 14, 2012

When I met my best friend…………………..

That day, the evening calm and silent,
I met her ……….
Her eyes twinkling…………… lips twitching into smiles……………
Her shining gold face, bright with laughter…

I stood looking at here….
Wondering … what to say…..
Hi! she muttered…. her speech like fragrance
of rose, never to beat her beauty

I… continued to stare…
when she touch my finger….
to trust me….
to thrust her hand into my fingers… hand… and… heart…..

Still…… nothing made me move…..
to say a few…. at least a word….
expected…., I.. her to go..

How could I…. No I did not….
but pleaded her, mine met her eyes…. to stay
By God’s Grace, she did…..
just sat next to me…. with a friendly grin…
We knew each other, without a word,
pin-drop silence…..
fated… yes we knew… destined…. We knew…. to be friends.

Then to my surprise… Oh heavens!
I said, friends?
As the evening breeze blew… flowers swaying….
The warmth of that day… and… and .. friendship…
She said… yes! Forever…!

No comments:

Post a Comment